Monday, September 26, 2011

Hello Pumpkin!

Fall is my absolutely favorite season, especially for baking, because I love pumpkin and cinnamon.  I recently found two recipes online, one for pumpkin spice whoopie pies and another for a Mexican brownie bottom cheesecake.  I'll get those up here soon.  Since only slightly modified them, I'll make sure to include the links to where I found the recipes. 

As to the future of the fall season baking.  My mum made me a pumpkin cake with cream cheese filling for my birthday - which has led to a new inspiration for me.  I've decided it time to make some pumpkin cheesecake.  Who knows where this desire to make cheesecake suddenly came from -- though if you went to Taste of St. Louis this past weekend and tried a slice of cheesecake from Hank's Cheesecakes you are probably obsessed also.    So on the docket to make this week will be chocolate crusted pumpkin cheesecake with caramel and pecans.  (I am also apparently digging into my southern roots...). 

No comments:

Post a Comment